Photographs of Fountain Inn library branch over the years. The first library in Fountain Inn was founded by the Village Improvement Society, but it unfortunately burned down in 1920. In 1926, the Greenville County Library System established a branch in Fountain Inn and it was located in storefronts for 40 years. In 1965, the town bought a property and built a free-standing library. The current building was opened May 2002 and built with funds provided by Mr. Melvin Younts and an anonymous donor.