ExploreView Homepage View in Catalog
Collection of photographs of the Dunean Mill and community from the private collection of Marshall Williams. Owned by Ellison Adger Smyth, Dunean Mill opened in 1912 to produce cotton goods. The mill was named after the Irish village where Smyth’s ancestors lived. In 1935 Dunean switched to rayon and other synthetic fibers. For many years it was a division of the J.P. Stevens & Co.
- Greenville County Library System
- Greenville County