Contains photographs of the mill and community of Poe Mill from the private collection of Gary L. O’Steen and South Carolina Room Archives. Established and owned by Francis Winslow Poe, the mill began operations in 1897 producing cotton fabric. The mill changed hands twice over the years and operated until 1977. The building burned in 2003. All that stands today are the two smokestacks.