The Community Food Bank of the Piedmont opened October 1982 on 7 W. Camperdown Way (Falls Park Dr.) in downtown Greenville before later moving to 8 Crigler St. The Greenville County Redevelopment Authority helped them remodel their space in 1983.
Architect George E. Walker replaced dismissed architect Peter Hammarskold when the foundations of the SC State House were found crumbling. This handwritten diary covers construction on the SC State House from August to November 1854.
Alston Wilkes Society provides services for homeless persons, veterans, ex-offenders, and at-risk youth. This collection includes photographs of the restoration of their 2 Greenville locations.
Collection of photographs from the 85th Anniversary of the library celebrated with cake, music, and patrons in October 2003.
Collection of historic maps of Greenville County and the City of Greenville
Sans Souci was the former estate of Gov. Benjamin F. Perry (1805-1886). While the house burned in 1927, the surrounding community took the name. (see Residences and Country Club collections for more images)
J.A. Bull purchased the Chick Springs Hotel and surrounding property in 1903 and founded a bottle water business as well. This collection includes photographs of his children and family on the grounds of Chick Springs.
This collection contains genealogical information for the Ariail-Kimball and associated families including marriages, obituaries, military service, and family trees. These items are from the James and Lorraine Patterson Collection.
Membership applications of the Benjamin Brockman and Hampton Lee chapters of the United Daughters of the Confederacy ranging from 1913-1929. Members lived in the greater Greer area. Applications contain genealogy details of date of birth and family relationships.
Yearbooks from Welcome High School located off of White Horse Road in the Welcome Community.