Topic: Church History and Religion

Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary Collection

This collection from the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary located in Columbia, S.C., includes photographs, correspondence and documents that document its history and growth.


Quick Access:

Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary Collection

This collection from the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary located in Columbia, S.C., includes photographs, correspondence and documents that document its history and growth.


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Home Movies from Moving Image Research Collections

Moving Image Research Collections’ holdings of amateur films and home movies documents family life, holiday celebrations, vacation travel and much more. These films, created in many locations across the United States and across the globe as well, represent a period of time spanning from the early 20th century to the 1970’s.  


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Kline Iron & Steel Company History and Recollections

Kline Iron and Steel Company (1923-2003), known for its high quality products and services, had a reciprocal reputation of loyalty and respect between employees and owners. Through the thirty-plus oral history interviews in this collection, narrators share their stories of family, community, friendship, and work. As recalled by many, working with Kline was like being …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Local Television Newsfilm Collections

The Local Television News Collections at Moving Image Research Collections (MIRC) comprise approximately 1.5 million feet of 16mm motion picture film outtakes dating from the late 1950s to the early 1980s, donated by several South Carolina television stations. These outtakes document over two decades of local people and events, as well as reportage surrounding significant …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Native American South Carolina Archive

A joint project of the Native American Studies Archive at the University of South Carolina Lancaster, the University of South Carolina’s Institute for Southern Studies, and the University of South Carolina Libraries’ Digital Collections. NASCA will expand the research and service impact of the University of South Carolina Lancaster’s Native American Studies Center and Archive, …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

The Church Register of the Salem Methodist Episcopal Church, South.

Salem M. E. Church South was located in Richland County, SC (now Fort Jackson property). It dates back to 1887 for sure and possibly even earlier to 1876. The church register is mostly from this Church. St. Paul Methodist Church was located in Kershaw County, SC (on the Old Wire Road) and was founded in …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Trinity Episcopal Cathedral Archival Collections

From its beginnings as a country church of fewer than twenty-five communicants, Trinity has grown to an urban parish numbering more than 3,600 baptized members. Throughout its history the parish has played a leading role in the affairs of the city, the state, and the church. Six of her rectors have become bishops, and she …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Eugene Avery Adams Papers, 1892-1968

Eugene Avery Adams (1886-1958) was a minister in the African American Episcopal Church and a leader in the fields of education, civil rights, and business. He was a founder of Bell Street High School in Columbia and a trustee of Allen University. He also helped start the South Carolina Citizens Committee, a state-wide organization that …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Chesterfield County Library: Old St. David’s Church

Chesterfield County Library has made available online a history of Old St. David’s Church in Cheraw. Old St. David’s Cheraw, South Carolina, 1770-1947 was complied and edited by a Committee of Chapter B of the Woman’s Auxiliary.


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery