Yeamans Hall Club, still in existence, is on the original 1,070 (of the 6000) acres of land bestowed to Sir John Yeamans (Baronet) by the Lords Proprietors for his loyalty to King Charles II (1665). The first plantation house built in 1674 stood for nineteen years. In 1695, the new owner, Landgrave Thomas Smith II built a plantation house from English brick. Smith’s descendants resided in the house for nearly two hundred years. Following the Charleston earthquake of 1886, the house became untenantable. A portion of a corner wall is all that remains of the plantation. This collection includes the prospectus for Yeamans Hall Club, an exclusive winter resort with a clubhouse and an 18-hole golf course.