The Bobbin and Beaker was an official student publication of the Clemson School of Industrial Management and Textile Science. Organized in November 1939 by Iota Chapter of Phi Psi Fraternity for the Clemson Textile School, the first issue of this semiannual publication arrived in March 1940 for the students, textile school graduates, and the textile industry. The publication was suspended in April 1943 for the duration of the war. It resumed publishing on January 1947 with a change to four issues annually during the school year. Due to a lack of student participation and a changing industry, it ceased publication with the Winter/Spring Issue 1966.