ExploreView Homepage View in Catalog
This collection primarily consists of over two hundred eighteenth and nineteenth century plats pertaining to properties in the Lowcountry region of South Carolina. Plats include the parish of St. Thomas & St. Denis, St. Andrew’s Parish, Prince Frederick, St. Stephen’s Parish, St. Luke’s Parish, St. Peter’s Parish, St. John’s Parish, St. Bartholomew’s Parish, St. Paul’s Parish, St. George Dorchester Parish, St. James Goose Creek Parish, and Prince William’s Parish.
Please note that this digital collection available through the Lowcountry Digital Library consists of a portion of the complete John McCrady Plat Collection. The complete inventory of the John McCrady Plat Collection held by the South Carolina Historical Society can be found in the finding aid.
- South Carolina Historical Society
- Colonial Period (1670 - 1764),
- Colonial Unrest, American Revolution, & New Republic (1765 - 1789),
- Early Republic & War of 1812 (1790 - 1815),
- The Antebellum South (1816 - 1860),
- U.S. Civil War (1861 - 1865),
- Reconstruction (1866 - 1877),
- Industry & the Gilded Age (1878 - 1889),
- Turn of the Century (1890 - 1913)