This book describes the history of Bamberg, South Carolina, with maps, photographs, and text regarding the antebellum, Civil War, and Reconstruction eras; more specific chapters discuss the buildings, businesses, schools, churches, occupations and people of the 1890s.
Genealogical charts and other information document the Copeland and various other families of Bamberg County, South Carolina, through the 1930s, and also record Copeland family connections with the Castanedo and related famililies of New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Bamberg County
- Colonial Period (1670 - 1764),
- Colonial Unrest, American Revolution, & New Republic (1765 - 1789),
- Early Republic & War of 1812 (1790 - 1815),
- The Antebellum South (1816 - 1860),
- U.S. Civil War (1861 - 1865),
- Reconstruction (1866 - 1877),
- Industry & the Gilded Age (1878 - 1889),
- Turn of the Century (1890 - 1913),
- World War I (1914 - 1918),
- Jazz Age (1919 - 1929),
- Great Depression (1930 - 1938),
- World War II (1939 - 1945),
- Post-War America (1946 - 1954)