The Pawleys Island Civic Association Collection features many of the historic photographs from Pawleys Island: A Century of History and Photographs. First settled by rice planters who looked for an escape from the deadly malaria that plagued the inland areas, the island continues to bring in both returning vacationers as well as first-timers who long to enjoy the peace and quiet of this coastal community.
The Pawleys Island Civic Association was created to help preserve, foster and promote this small island. Photograph descriptions were provided by Lee Brockington. For more information about Pawleys Island follow the link http://www.pawleysislandrealty.com.
- Pawley's Island Civic Association
- Georgetown County
- The Antebellum South (1816 - 1860),
- U.S. Civil War (1861 - 1865),
- Reconstruction (1866 - 1877),
- Industry & the Gilded Age (1878 - 1889),
- Turn of the Century (1890 - 1913),
- World War I (1914 - 1918),
- Jazz Age (1919 - 1929),
- Great Depression (1930 - 1938),
- World War II (1939 - 1945),
- Post-War America (1946 - 1954),
- Civil Rights Era (1955 - 1969),
- The Modern State (1970 - present)