These digital collections include diplomas, literary society membership certificates, class rings, and jewelry.
Columbia College was founded in 1854 in Columbia, SC, by the United Methodist Church as a liberal arts college for women. Columbia College currently offers evening, graduate, and online programs serving both women and men in addition to the Women’s College. Established as Columbia Female College, it opened on Plain Street, present-day Hampton Street, in 1859. It became Columbia College when it moved to its current location in the Eau Claire neighborhood in 1904. The Columbia College Archives is housed in the J. Drake Edens Library.