ExploreView Homepage View in Catalog
The first totally county-funded school in Berkeley County was established in 1912 in Moncks Corner. Students of all ages attended. By 1928, the number of students had dramatically increased. A separate high school was needed. Construction began on a two-story brick building with twelve classrooms, a library, and an office. Berkeley High School was student-ready in 1930. The building remained the high school for almost thirty years until a new high school was built on W. Main Street in 1960.
- Berkeley County Library
- Berkeley County
- Jazz Age (1919 - 1929)