The Mayors of Columbia collection consists of portraits of the mayors and intendants of Columbia from John Taylor, the first intendant in 1806 to Bob Coble, mayor from 1990-2010. The original portraits are on display in the Columbia City Hall at 1737 Main Street. Portraits of some former mayors are not included in this collection.
Click here for a complete list of all former intendants and mayors of Columbia.
- Richland Library
- Richland County
- The Antebellum South (1816 - 1860),
- U.S. Civil War (1861 - 1865),
- Reconstruction (1866 - 1877),
- Industry & the Gilded Age (1878 - 1889),
- Turn of the Century (1890 - 1913),
- World War I (1914 - 1918),
- Jazz Age (1919 - 1929),
- Great Depression (1930 - 1938),
- World War II (1939 - 1945),
- Post-War America (1946 - 1954),
- Civil Rights Era (1955 - 1969),
- The Modern State (1970 - present)