Media Type: Images

Taliaferro Family Letters

This is a collection of letters set in the Revolutionary period, which mainly contains Caroline Taliferro’s correspondence. The subject of the collection all includes land records and receipts from various generations of the Taliaferro/Miller family. As a whole, the letters range from 1788-1925. Caroline Taliaferro’s correspondence ranges from 1830-1844. The land and financial records remain …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage

Laura Bragg Papers

The Laura Bragg Papers collection at The Citadel Archives and Museum contain letters written to Miss Bragg from Chinese cadets before and after their graduation from The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina from 1926 to 1948. Topics of the letters include career plans, The Citadel, political beliefs, Chinese culture, history, and military events. …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Charleston Museum Plantation Photographs

The Charleston Museum Plantation Photographs collection is comprised of black and white photos of Charleston County plantations, plantation ruins, and their grounds.


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

The South Carolina & West Indian Exposition Photo Passbook, 1901 – 1902

The photos in this collection were taken as part of a season pass that patrons could purchase for unlimited admission to the South Carolina Inter-State and West Indian Exposition, held in Charleston in 1901 and 1902. Each individual’s photo was mounted in a passbook kept by the patron and a duplicate photo was mounted in …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Camp St. Mary Records, 1931-1997

Camp St. Mary, a catechetical summer camp for Catholic children, was founded near the Okatee River in Beaufort, South Carolina, by the Diocese of Charleston in 1928. Father James Linehan organized the religious vocation camp for children of Beaufort missions who were in need of catechetical instruction. The priests of the diocese and the Sisters …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Colleton County Memorial Library Bookmobile Collection

The Colleton County Memorial Library has provided bookmobile service since 1937, started by Isabel Patterson Heaton and Elma S. Rogers. The library continues to provide bookmobile service to rural areas and child care centers throughout the county. This collection features photographs, scrapbooks, newspaper articles from The Press and Standard, and a Library Week guest book.


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Colleton County Memorial Library Scrapbooks and Photograph Albums

The Colleton County Memorial Library Scrapbooks and Photograph Albums Collection contains a sampling of images from the scrapbooks, photo albums and other image portfolios in the holdings of Colleton County Memorial Library. Included in this collection is the Future Farmers of America Scrapbook, which features newspaper clippings, photographs, postcards, and other documents related to the …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

McLeod Family Papers, 1873-1990

Selections from the McLeod Family Papers include photographs and a “Crop Memoranda” book for McLeod Plantation on James Island in South Carolina. The visual images are comprised of various structures located on the property as well as the residents of McLeod Plantation. The “Crop Memoranda” book lists names and accounts of workers (1910-1921), notes on …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Agricultural Society of South Carolina Visual Materials

Organized in Charleston, South Carolina as the South-Carolina Society for Promoting and Improving Agricultural, and Other Rural Concerns, the society was incorporated in 1795 as the Agricultural Society of South Carolina. Photographs in this collection depict meetings and officers of the Agricultural Society, exhibits, farm scenes, farmers’ markets, livestock, and other related subjects.


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery

Pinehurst Tea Plantation Visual Materials

Charles Shepard Jr. (1842–1915) established the first successful tea plantation in America at Summerville in 1888. Pinehurst Tea Plantation thrived until Shepard died in 1915. After his death, the plantation faltered and the plants grew wild on the outskirts of town. In 1963 the Lipton Tea Company transported the old Pinehurst plants to Wadmalaw Island. …


Quick Access:
View Partner Collection Homepage / View in Discovery